Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pancakes!

Yesterday I woke up craving pancakes. I had purchased a new cookbook and there was a very simple recipe for pancakes that promised they were unbelievable! So, I tried it. It was VERY easy and extremely yummy. I will never buy another pancake mix again! The recipe made about 7-8 pancakes so I ate two (barely) and froze the others. I had two frozen ones this morning and they were still delicious. These are quick and can be on the table within 10 minutes. Here is the recipe:

Fluffy, Thick Homestyle Pancakes
1 1/2 C. flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 C. milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 C. for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Makes 8 servings.

Recipe is from Worldwide Ward Cookbook.

I also slept through the night last night for the first time in three weeks! It's been great! I thought I would be really bored staying home all this time, but I've been really tired and sleeping most of the day. It just means my body is repairing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment