Six months is half a year. This is a fact. When I graduated from Flight Attendant training for Southwest Airlines I was on a six-month probationary period. Basically it was my trial period to make sure Southwest wanted me as a Flight Attendant. Within the probationary period, I could be terminated without Union representation. Most people are on their very best behavior during this period, but I was just enjoying my new job. I figured that as long as I showed up on time for work, performed my job, and didn’t cause any safety violations, I would pass. Well…..I PASSED!!!!! I am no longer on probation!!! I also received a small raise :) I still LOVE my job and am very pleased I made the decision to change departments. I work less, make a little less than I used to, but I will make that up quickly and make more eventually. I also really enjoy the people I meet and the great crews that I fly with.
The past six months has passed very quickly, for which I am grateful for. I finished training on August 15th, 2008 and graduated at the top of my class. I really enjoyed the training. I wasn’t looking forward to going home however. My marriage was crumbling around me and I knew that I had a challenge when I returned home. I was hoping that my then husband would want to work on things, but shortly after I returned home I was asked to move out.
So, I moved out and have been putting my life back together ever since. I’ve made it six months!!! This is something to celebrate! A lot of tears have been shed. I lost loved ones, made some wonderful life-long friends, and worked a lot.
I attended part of a LDS Single’s Conference this weekend. I was able to attend the Temple session on Friday. It was amazing the amount of people who showed up for the session. The Temple staff was joyfully overwhelmed. We filled up four sessions! The session I was able to get in to had 13 men and 53 women. That is basically a 4:1 women/men ratio. I also attended the dance that evening which was fun. Later that was an after-party at one of the member’s home. It was a normal party minus alcohol. There was an awesome DJ and Rebecca and I danced until 4am. I really felt my age the next day when some of my toes were numb.
I also received some very good news!! My son, Zach, is going to be moving to Colorado Springs! That is only two hours away by plane! He can come see me for weekends and I can go see him! I am extremely excited!!!
So, I am saying good-bye to the past six months and look to the future six months with open arms and will embrace all the many adventures that will be coming my way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment