Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ups and Downs

Well, it's November and a week before Thanksgiving, which I'm happy to report I get to spend with my family here in Las Vegas!!!! Yep, my brother and his family are coming here and I'm so excited to spend time with them as well as my family here in Vegas!!!

This past month has been a FREAKIN' ROLLER COASTER!!! I have had so many things to ponder it has really been depressing. I've had the feeling that I need to move recently. I almost got forced based to Oakland and I wasn't quite sure where I would be working. So, it got me thinking...if I had to commute for work, why live in Las Vegas? Why not move to Utah to be closer to my family. I spent many hours pondering this and seriously considered moving to Utah. Well, I didn't get forced based, so I decided to stay here and then weight my options of moving to Utah in a year. That was all fine and dandy until this past Wednesday I got a letter from the property management company of my townhouse and the owner wants to move back in at the end of my lease, so they will not be renewing the lease. I cried! I really like where I live, but it's very apparent that I'm not supposed to be living here. So, I will be moving into a house with my friend/roomie Leigh, a.k.a Fartin' Fortin. I will be able to pay off all my credit card debt in the next 9 months and then I'll only have my student loans. I really feel like I need to get my financial house in order so I can buy a house and stop moving!!!

I also have been very disappointed in some friendships that I have tried to cultivate this year. I was very saddened and had some tearful moments, but I am resilient and hope to gain new friends. I flew with a woman and I told her about the situation. She told me that I should have friends who are of mutual benefit. That is so true! Something to consider with the new year approaching.

So, I really want some chili and rolls for dinner and have a very yummy roll recipe. I think I will make it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment