Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Already September!!!

I can't believe how fast the year has gone by! It's been awhile since I've last blogged as well. I had some great adventures this past summer. I went camping on the beach, attended a family reunion and enjoyed a great week with my son, Zach! I've also worked a lot.

I've totally been avoiding going over my budget and setting a strict spending plan for myself. I finally sat down this morning and tackled it. I've been avoiding it because I've actually been a little afraid to find out how little money I have and how much debt I have. It took me over three hours, but I finally now have a plan and know where I stand. I feel much better and have tools to help me get to my final goal. I am doing the Dave Ramsey Debt Snowball program. This plan uses the envelope system, so I downloaded a very cheap, .99, app to my iPhone to help me track the money. I was thinking that I didn't have very much money for the month, but when I actually sat down and told the money where to go before I spent it, I found I have quite a bit of money and all of my needs are being met :)

Work has been the same. I'm very excited that we might hire more Flight Attendants with the purchase of new 737-800 series aircraft. I hope to gain some seniority. I may also get displaced to Oakland in November. That won't be any fun at all and will set me back on my Debt Snowball because I'll have to pay for a hotel in Oakland. Hopefully it will be temporary. I will find out September 30th.

This weekend I am going to see Zach in a band competition in Castle Rock, CO. I'm very excited and I know he is looking forward to visiting me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment